Back up on new Fascinate??

Last Updated:

1. irish

irish Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone. I have a quick question. My 1.5 year old got a hold of the Fascinate and gave it a good toss...lol. I had ins and got my new phone today. I can still use the old phone and have everything backed up. Can I just pull the old memory card out and restore my new phone with everything that was on my old one? For example: Launcher pro, Titanium and home screens and such. Thanks for any info

Advertisement
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

You can transfer stuff from one sdcard to another [copy and paste]. However, apps like LP do store on the phones internal memory so those will need to be re-DL'd and re-installed

3. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

Couldn't (s)he use Titanium that was already installed on the old one to reinstall things after copy/pasting the backup folder on the SD card, or is that not how TB works?

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Hmmm, so backup everything from the first phone, move to sdcard. Take sdcard from phone 1 to phone 2 and then re-insert sdcard and extract? Yeah that might work; not really sure everything would just extract like that. But, its worth a shot. You will still need to re-DL Titanium Back up for the second phone since it wont be there otherwise and it cannot back up itself

5. irish

Yup, thats what I was talking about. I have backed up everything on my old phone with Titanium on that SD. I just dont want to brick the new one trying to do it. Do you think it would be safer to just transfer my pics and vids and re-down loading everything? Or do you think the old SD card in the new phone and running the back up app will be fine??? Thanks again

6. saps

saps Well-Known Member

I copy and pasted a ton of stuff from my old sdcard/phone onto the sdcard of my SF; you'll be fine. Worst case somethings might not install. But you won't brick it; no way no how

7. irish

Cool. Thanks, going to give it a shot.

8. irish

Update.....I took out my old SD card and put in my new Fasc. I rooted my new phone and reloaded Titanium. Pulled everything off my old card. Worked like a charm!! It was like I was looking at my old phone!!

9. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Nice! :D