• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Back up saved game data for non-primary user

egernant

Jun 30, 2010
I made the mistake of assuming that the Nexus 7 that I bought would be mine and not my wife's. Silly me. I made myself the primary user and gave her a profile. She has since put in an embarrassing number of hours into Ski Safari and Candy Crush Saga. I haven't found a way to back up this data so I can reformat and restore. Carbon (Helium?) and TB only work for the primary user. I want to figure out a setup where I can tinker with the N7 in terms of romming as often as I'd like, but I can't do that as long as it will always erase her game data.

Any solutions for backing up non-primary user app/game data?

Thanks!

EDIT: I am rooted, so those options are applicable. Maybe I should have put this in the root section...

Unfortunately, Titanium Backup does not work for non-primary users. Niether does Google Talk. Some apps only work for the primary user. Haven't tried My Backup Pro, but I assume that's a paid app and if it isn't going to work, I don't want to waste my time and money.

Anyone else have a thought?

Upvote 0
I believe the primary user must allow titanium backup to be used in order for the secondary user to use the app. Even though the paid version is 6 or 7 bucks, it is IMHO, the best investment in Android I've ever made.

Once I explained, what the app does, to my better half, I bought it for the Wife's phone. I found it a good way to continue to support the dev. That's how good it is, to me.

Let's us know if you need more help!

jmar

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones