Back up saved game data for non-primary user

Last Updated:

1. egernant

egernant Well-Known Member

I made the mistake of assuming that the Nexus 7 that I bought would be mine and not my wife's. Silly me. I made myself the primary user and gave her a profile. She has since put in an embarrassing number of hours into Ski Safari and Candy Crush Saga. I haven't found a way to back up this data so I can reformat and restore. Carbon (Helium?) and TB only work for the primary user. I want to figure out a setup where I can tinker with the N7 in terms of romming as often as I'd like, but I can't do that as long as it will always erase her game data.

Any solutions for backing up non-primary user app/game data?

Thanks!

EDIT: I am rooted, so those options are applicable. Maybe I should have put this in the root section...

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Have you looked at Titanium, or MyBackup Pro?

Install either via her profile and they should back up her stuff no problem.
    jmar likes this.
  3. egernant

egernant Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Titanium Backup does not work for non-primary users. Niether does Google Talk. Some apps only work for the primary user. Haven't tried My Backup Pro, but I assume that's a paid app and if it isn't going to work, I don't want to waste my time and money.

Anyone else have a thought?
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

There's a free version of My Backup as far as I'm aware.
  5. Spikey1109

Spikey1109 Well-Known Member

Indeed there is. I can confirm this, as I downloaded the free version before buying the full version only a couple of days ago.
    El Presidente likes this.
  6. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

I believe the primary user must allow titanium backup to be used in order for the secondary user to use the app. Even though the paid version is 6 or 7 bucks, it is IMHO, the best investment in Android I've ever made.

Once I explained, what the app does, to my better half, I bought it for the Wife's phone. I found it a good way to continue to support the dev. That's how good it is, to me.

Let's us know if you need more help!

jmar
    El Presidente likes this.