Backflip Hanging Up ConstantlySupport

Last Updated:

1. mikelbeck

mikelbeck Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My wife has a BACKFLIP. For whatever reason, when she's on a call she often pulls the phone away from her face. The phone then displays the keypad along with the hangup button, and of course when she puts the phone back to her face it hangs up.

Any suggestions about how to fix this, aside from re-training my wife how to use a phone? Maybe an app that puts more of a delay on the proximity sensor, or an alternate way to hang up the phone or something?

Advertisement
  2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

This is not the simplest solution but it will work. When she pulls the phone away, the screen will turn on. Right before when puts it back, press the power button (just a quick click), it will turn the screen off. The only downside, is she will have to press the power button again to get the screen awake to press the end button.

3. mikelbeck

Yeah, the problem there is she doesn't realize when she's pulling it away from her face. She puts it up to her ear and then pulls it away and kinda flips her hair out of the way and puts it back... and usually hangs up.

4. james27007

That is wierd. I have to pull the phone away for 1-2 seconds before the screen turns back on. Sounds like there is an issue with the phone. Did you try a factory reset?

5. mikelbeck

No, not yet. There's a blotch on the screen that's been there since day 1, I'm going to call AT&T (one of these days) and have them send a replacement. I don't want to reset it on her and then reset again once we get the new phone.

6. james27007

One really nice thing about the backflip, is when you reset, as soon as you log back into gmail and motoblur, all your contacts, appointments and placement of the stock apps and home pages will return. The only thing that does not return are installed apps from market. So it is not too much of a hasle to reset the phone.

7. mikelbeck

Update...

I finally got around to calling AT&T about the issues with this phone. They shipped me out a new one - one that doesn't have a blotch on the screen. Even since moving to the new phone my wife hasn't had a single instance of it hanging up.