Background apps querySupport

Last Updated:

1. meso100

meso100 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have used a number of task killers and I am still confused how the N1 deals with apps running in the background.

I will kill all apps and then either not open any more or maybe open one and all of a sudden 5/10 mins later, some apps appear to be running again in the background.

How can this be if I haven't activated them?

Advertisement
  2. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

I don't get it either why it's relaunching so many of its apps.. Especially the ones I never use or don't seem to relate to anything I use like gooogle voice (no use here in my country), gmail (it'll be open even tho I havn't syncd or used it since it closed) or msn droid...
    But I'm still not sure on the use of a taskkiller either.. but when I see 20 bg apps eating up quite some memory I feel inclined to kill them no matter what tho.

3. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

Android can mostly manage its own memory. Stuff does start up in the background when it needs to do something, but the phone kills processes when memory is needed. Task killers are useful to get rid of stuff that is not working right, but you'll never win the war against background processes. Then again, you don't need to win the war. Android can handle it.