• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

background color on browser (white to black)

Aleque

May 26, 2012
Hi

My eyes are very sensitive in the evenings and that's why I use Firefox with an Add-On called "Blank Your Monitor + Easy Reading". What it does is it transforms the background color of all the websites to a preferable color (I chose black) and the color of text to white.

I am considering buying a smartphone and might buy Samsung Galaxy SII.

Is there a way to make the black-background/white-text on an Android phone?

If it's not possible, is there a way to install Firefox on an Android phone and use Add-Ons?

Thanks in advance

Boat Browser is an app. Smartphones have the ability to download and install apps for your use. Much the same way as when you get a PC, and you don't like Internet Explorer so you download Firefox, if you don't like the default browser on Android you can open the Play Store application on your phone and download a different browser. Among the choices are Firefox for Android and Opera Mobile. Although the better browsers are Boat, Dolphin and Maxthon.

Smartphones have access to what are called "application markets" where you can download "apps" or basically the equivalent of PC programs for the smartphone. For example, there is a PhotoShop app, or an Office app, or a OneNote app. There are also apps for specific services like Facebook, Twitter, Dropbox, etc.

If you don't understand, Firefox is a "browser", basically a program used to "browse" the internet on your PC. Much the same way, Boat Browser is a "browser" app for Android, to browse the internet on your phone.

Upvote 0
Ok if Night Mode is not a solution for me, then what is?

Let's say I visit Google (or any other website with white background for that matter). I want the website's background to be displayed as dark/black/dark-grey. I don't want it to be blindingly white color. Any apps on andoid phones that can help with that issue?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones