• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Background data - app or widget

I don't see why it wouldn't be persistent over reboot. Isn't it faster to try rather than asking here? ) In order to answer I will simply need to reboot, lol ) So I did, and yes, it is persistent.

I'm not sure what you mean by:
The process has to undone, if both background data + auto sync has to be enabled/disabled like before?

Before? Like when all google apps are enabled? Or What? If you want to manually sync apps, just open Data Sync, press menu and choose 'Sync Now'.

Upvote 0
@purplewakanda

I tried once again. Its working now. But is this persistent over reboot?

com'n why ask such questions when its easier to test it ???

The process has to undone, if both background data + auto sync has to be enabled/disabled like before?

if you really want the autosync to be enabled for the google apps also, why even bother unticking them in the first place. .. . :thinking:

Considering that you really want the best of both worlds (ability to disable autosync but turn on background data n ability to turn on autosync with background data) then use both the "power control" and "curve fish" widgets . . .

Use "Powercontrol" to turn on background data + autosync n then use "curvefish" to turn off autosync . . . .

No offense, but if you really want only one widget that does tat, create one urself :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones