Background Data Settings?

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

if i dont have anything set for auto sync can i turn background data off in accounts and sync settings?..will this affect any other apps if theres no syncing involved?

Advertisement
    :
  2. phaze3131

phaze3131 Well-Known Member

The app will notify you it needs to turn it on, and then it's your choice. If nothing notifies you and all is working well then keep it off.
  3. shugknight

shugknight Member

Any new info on this? My battery has been pretty bad. Going from full charge to dead in 15 hours or so. I wanted to see if this might be the problem.

Any reports to anybody that has turned it off? What exactly is it for?
  4. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

I turn GPS, wifi, bluetooth, auto sync all off. And turn em on when I use em. I use the Power widget to quick toggle it on/off.

If you are using your phone, text, internet, yada yada then I'd say 15hrs is pretty damn good. I kill my battery in like 5-6 hrs if I'm constantly using it. If not I can get through the whole day. But keeping everything off with no usage I'm sure it'll last 2-3 days.

if youre using the weather channel app, like me, set it to manual location and it'll update temps without needing the GPS. Same for where app. Unless you constantly move cities, I guess.
  5. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

same here, 5-6 hrs, i use it a lot! twitter, facebook, gmail, internet, apps etc etc! always using something, i love this phone! i take my charger to work to see how it performs! i am going to buy a car charger for when i dont have a plug!
  6. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

Ya, I bought the Motorola car charger the moto website says is for the droid from some seller on amazon. Paid like 5 bucks. It's in the mail. You want to see shitty battery life use google nav with traffic and satellite layers up like I did. You can almost watch your batter meter drain. Haha