Background music playing

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by blablo, May 25, 2010.

1. blablo

blablo New Member

May 25, 2010
    Hi all,

My question is : on the HTC Desire, is it possible to listen music with the default player, while doing something else like browsing the web ?
    Because when I'm under the music player app, listening to something, and then I click (or long-click) "home" button, the sound stops.
    Also, while i'm listening to a track, if a phone call comes in, the music is paused, but when the call ends, the track position is lost and it starts from the begining...
    Is all this normal ?
    Thanks a lot.

Advertisement
  2. Good Old Bakes

Good Old Bakes Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Yes, you should be able to multi-task while listening to music. I do it all the time. Also your track should fade back up from the point when it was interrupted by the incoming call. Sorry I can't help you to sort it out but I'm sure someone will have an idea. :)

3. andrei2112

andrei2112 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    use another apps like astro player beta -very good on hero

4. blackvyper

blackvyper Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Regensburg, Germany
    Sounds unusual for your tracks not to resume where they left off. I am using an HTC Magic and when a call comes in, it pauses then resumes play where it was. The same thing happens if I turn the phone off and back on while listening to music.

5. blablo

blablo New Member

May 25, 2010
    Thanks for your responses, this must be a new "feature" of HTC Desire / Sense... I'll check with astro player if it's better.

6. GrenW

GrenW Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    UK
    Tunes continue to play on my Desire in the background. In fact one day I was playing a tune on the default player and then tried to play a tune on Tunewiki (assumed one would stop and the other start) and they both played! One over the top of the other.....pointless but quite cool

7. blablo

blablo New Member

May 25, 2010
    So, to sum up, you are listening to something in the default player, then press the "home" button, and the song keep on playing ?

8. muziqaz

muziqaz Member

Aug 3, 2010
    My default player stops the playback as soon as I click home button. That is a major oversight for the multitasking promoting Google. I use MortPlayer. Really like it, but as most of other media players this one does not like astro file manager deleting/moving files while it is playing music. And I have class 6 SD card.

9. Mec63

Mec63 Member

May 3, 2010
    Manchester

Yes on mine it does, both with the htc music player and third party players.