1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Background QuestionSupport

1. iram

iram Well-Known Member

I have un rooted Warp.. it had what I gather must be a stock background showing the boost logo. A little while ago I downloaded Go Launcher. to experiment with. After it installed the stock background is gone replaced with a different background. Even upon uninstalling go Launcher this new background has remained. It even show up under My Id Pack While it is not probably the most critical problem I'll encounter .. My question is What Happened to the original background? I cant find it in the wallpapers on the phone.

Just realized it may have changed what I assume is called the ID wallpaper

Advertisement
  2. justtom

justtom Well-Known Member

Have you tried a reboot ?
    LilBit likes this.
  3. iram

iram Well-Known Member

You must have been reading they're mind :)

I just got off of phone with Boost support and thats the best solution they can come up with.

I'm sure that would probably work. Just need to double check that I've backed up everything.

However I was wondering why it happened anyway. Why does go launcher change the background ID.
  4. justtom

no iram just turn it off then back on is all you need to do.No backing up is needed.
    LilBit likes this.
  5. iram

iram Well-Known Member

Im assuming you mean go to settings>privacy> factory data reset
  6. justtom

No buddy,just turn your phone off then back on that's it.Nothing else
    LilBit likes this.
  7. xman95

xman95 Well-Known Member

Even if you didn't install GO Launcher this is difficult to change back. I don't know why. I find it strange that the phone does not have a simple way to get back to the original. You would think something like this would be more intuitive on a phone. I changed my wallpaper to a picture from quickpic and when I went back in to change it to the blank plain screen I had froma ROM I installed, it wasn't available.
    LilBit likes this.
  8. iram

iram Well-Known Member

We appreciate the help but that doesn
  9. justtom

Well sory it did not workout for you,may I suggest. For wallpapers Zedge and wallpapers hd,both can be found in the play.
  10. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

OMG!! I'm so sorry to hear all this, I quit using anything made by the GO Team!! Memory Hogs!!

Yes it's all nice and pretty, and has a thousand themes wallpapers and all that but, Dude, look what they done to your phone!! My advice, stay away from the Go Team. Period.
  11. justtom

Agree.It took me a long time to realize this.
  12. iram

iram Well-Known Member

Well than you for trying. As of this writing i did a factory reset which as expected restored phone back to where it was with the original background of the boost mobile logo.
    I'm not really sure whats going on. it seems that the original background that comes with phone is not a permanent wallpaper. if it is stored on the phone I can only guess its in an area I cant access.

As for the Go Launcher. It apparently comes with a default theme that also disappears when you change background wallpapers (I think) It seemed like a very interesting app but I think I'll stick with the stock launcher for the time being.
  13. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

iram, go see a man called eyebeam, he's on the theme's forum, he can do anything you want done. He's a legend on the board!! And the best part, it's FREE!!
  14. justtom

Holo launcher is a great option for you to look at as for unrooted. I use jt and love it.
  15. Manodedios

Manodedios Well-Known Member

I just went to the wcs rom and i just love the xperia launcher
  16. cnymoeman

cnymoeman Well-Known Member

OK well I have d/l golauncher twice and each time I have lost my sweet grateful dead background andmoe. Background... only way to get your background back even if you like the horrible Boost one is to Google it and goto the image part and then make it your wallpaper... hope this helps...
  17. iram

iram Well-Known Member

Well thank all for comments. Obviously I'm not the only one who has had some "issues" with go Launcher even though they are apparently minor. I managed to rest phone and did get back original background (it must be stored somewhere just don’t know where)Interesting though while I did have contacts backed up on SD card and was able to import them back ok its seems that when Gmail synced now I have duplicates of all contacts.

I’m not what I gather some of you would call a power user. Really just need phone for calls, text and email. But I do like to experiment at times to down load an app, see what it does then delete it if I’m not really going to use it. Just would prefer that an app doesn’t change the basic set up of phone without getting permission or at least setting it back if needed.
  18. ZingBot

ZingBot Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me. Once I changed wallpaper from stock (Boost logo) I could never get the stock one back. I've looked all over the phone and can't find it. It's definitely not in the wallpaper options. I have not tried factory reset...don't care that much.

So I went with this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.wallpaper&hl=en
  19. justtom

I must ask. Why would ether of you folks want the god ugly warp screen anyway? With so many other options available I just don't get it.But hey each there own.
    ptmarzullo likes this.
  20. iram

iram Well-Known Member

Good question,

If I couldn’t have gotten back the original screen I could have lived with another background. I was more interested in why or how it was changed and why couldn’t it be easily restored short of a full reset.
  21. ZingBot

ZingBot Well-Known Member

Don't really want the boost logo screen but I was surprised that it's not in the stock wallpapers.
  22. iram

iram Well-Known Member

Exactly. Its either hidden somewhere or gets downloaded when you reset phone. I just dont like when changes are made and you cant revert back to original without having to do a complete reset
  23. n0ve

n0ve Well-Known Member

I remember finding them a while back...let, me look thru old backed up warp file systems and i will get nacho to you :)
  24. iram

iram Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if we're thinking in the same direction. My son just downloaded a file manager for me called ASTRO. We just dont know what the background is called or what type of file it is.
  25. iram

iram Well-Known Member

Been using this Astro file manger looking through all files from / forward. Still can’t find the stock background. So far all I can find is the boot animation sequence .png’s