• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Background Question

Okay so I accidentally found out how you can get your boost logo background back.Download yourself a live wallpaper from the store and set it as a wallpaper then open up your home-screen,now go into settings and delete the new wallpaper your phone will auto restore back to the boost logo.:)
I would assume there is a more simple way but like I said I accidentally discovered this after installing and then deleting a live-wallpaper I did not like. I tried it a few times just too be sure before I posted up for you,and it returns to the default wallpaper every time.

Upvote 0
Exactly. Its either hidden somewhere or gets downloaded when you reset phone. I just dont like when changes are made and you cant revert back to original without having to do a complete reset

You will find the default wallpaper (boost) in your framework-res apk file. You have to decompile the apk to access it or extract it directly using winzip or 7zip. The file is named "defaultwallpaper.png".

Upvote 0
Okay so I accidentally found out how you can get your boost logo background back.Download yourself a live wallpaper from the store and set it as a wallpaper then open up your home-screen,now go into settings and delete the new wallpaper your phone will auto restore back to the boost logo.:)
I would assume there is a more simple way but like I said I accidentally discovered this after installing and then deleting a live-wallpaper I did not like. I tried it a few times just too be sure before I posted up for you,and it returns to the default wallpaper every time.
This way iram if you ever need it back

Reactions: iram
Upvote 0
To

mhannah3333

As youu mentioned I found this apk file and unzipped it but cannot find the Default wallpepr png. Could it be in a different file ?

framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi try inside that folder you should find it, i find the stock wallpaper to be rather low res and hideous lol. But that's one mans opinion.

Upvote 0
Ok first again thanks for finding the stock background. Now then next step I would like to do is add it to the stock wallpapers that come with the Warp. When you press on screen the pop up gives and option for wallpapers and then within it give options for gallery, id wallpapers, and live wallpapers and (regular) wallpapers. The (regular) wallpapers options give about 25 different “base” photos. I’d like to add the stock background here if possible. However again (sorry) despite a lot of searching can’t seem to find where these pictures stored.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Ok I found launcher called (launcher 2) in... /system/apps....

As an experiment I was able to copy the apk to my pc and actually managers to cpy and paste the stock wallpaper in to the correct folder. However I cant seem to be able to cpy and paste this revised stock launcher back into the app folder. Would that be because I am not rooted and do not have correct permissions to replace a system apk.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones