Backing up and restoring to a new SD card

Last Updated:

1. swishtony

swishtony Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, have just read the posts on backing up so fairly confident I know what I'm doing... quick question though;

Once I connect phone to the PC do I just copy EVERYTHING that I see on the drive and paste back onto the new card? Is it really that straightforward?

Am just worried it might be like just copying the 'Program Files' folder from one PC onto another and half of the dll's would obviously not be there as they are in the Windows directory.

Many thanks!

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

You can copy the contents. The equivelant files like .dll's etc would be on the handset rather than the SD card. Unless you're using apps2SD?

You wouldn't be copy programs, just data really.

3. swishtony

Cheers Dan, no I have no apps on the SD card but there are folders on there that clearly relate to some apps, DoubleTwist for example has a folder on the SD card, am just wondering if I just hard copy this folder will DoubleTwist still recognise it on the new card? I think it will, just trying to make sure I get it right!

Cheers :)

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

What are you wanting to do exactly? Just create a copy incase you have to wipe your card?

If you have the app installed and it doesnt recognise the folder, you can always let the app recreate it and the copy the contents from your PC copy into that folder..

It "should" be fine.. ;)

5. swishtony

Actually just replacing the original sd card with a 16gb one.

As you say, I imagine I should be fine but I know how these things have a habit of going!