• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Backing up apps

NunyaBidnez

Jul 4, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I am trying to back up all the apps on my nexus one and everything appears to go fine but for some reason it says that 0 files were downloaded. I followed the steps from Android Central which states that this is possible without having root access on my phone. Currently I am running Android 2.2.1 FRG83D and I am concerned that the latest software has prevented access to the system folders on my N1. I do not want to root my phone until the warranty expires, so if anyone knows how I can backup my apps without rooting, I'm open for suggestions.

What method are you using for it now? The easiest, most complete backup solution would ofc be Titanium Backup. But since you're not willing to root there are a number of other options.
First off, I think google makes an automatic backup of your apps and settings if you allow it sync rights in the settings. So your apps and data will get restored after a wipe.
But if you wanna go for it the manual way, then try Astro. It's a pretty complete file manager and includes the option to back up apps. But as long as you don't root, you'll never be able to back up all your app settings and saves etc. because those files are in a system folder that's inaccessible without root access.
So when you restore your apps, they'll seem brand new.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice but I'm not trying to back up my app settings, I'm actually trying to download the APK files to my computer. There are instances when I don't want to update certain apps because I prefer to keep the old version and I would like to save the APK just in case I ever have to reset my phone to factory settings or change devices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones