backing up evoSupport

Last Updated:

1. Fmentlick

Fmentlick Member This Topic's Starter

I am being sent a new evo because of a dead pixel. Does anyone know if I can back up my current evo. So when I get the new one I can have all my apps and customizations with out going thru the whole process again.

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Yep! See the backup discussions here, follow links before you start so you know what to expect.

http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-evo-4g/141369-how-fix-froyo.html

Includes backing up your backup to your PC. When you get your new Evo, it will be as if it just went through the reset, so move the backup set from your PC back to your SD card, then follow the restore procedures.

You'll be somewhere in the high-90%s of good to go.

3. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Just to clarify: if you use a backup tool like MyBackup, you have the option to save your backup to your SD card, or you can save it to their servers (on the cloud). In your case, you'll want to back up to the cloud, since you'll be returning the SD card with the phone.

The alternative is to back up to the SD card, copy the relevant folders off the SD card to your PC. Get your new phone, put it back on the SD card, then restore with the backup app. Lots more work, but this way, you control your own data all the time.

Sunshine8 and Fmentlick like this.
  4. Fmentlick

Fmentlick Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the help. I will see when it gets here. do you think I can just swap the SD cards when I get it?

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Yep.