backing up my phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. dannybedford

dannybedford Member This Topic's Starter

Noob here, couple of problems i'd really like some help with guys and girls. I was having some problems with my screen locking up on my desire. The shop said i needed to do a software update but back up my phone to my PC first. I have connected my phone to my PC but cant for the life of me get it to load the software to the pc. I was told it should do it autimatically but my pc keeps asking for a disk, I am proper stumped. Also in the manual it says you can back up some things to the memory card by going to settings, privacy, but I have no privacy section under settings. Excuse my ignorance, hope someone can help. Thank you

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Privacy menu has been hidden on 2.2 You have to search for it using teh search button (or so I read in another post today).

Once your phone backs up (im not sure how long it takes) you have to connect to pc, drag down notification area and change to "disk drive". Then you can drag the contents to your PC.

Might also be worth downloading mybackup pro 30 day trial and take a backup on that too

dannybedford likes this.
  3. dannybedford

dannybedford Member This Topic's Starter

found the privacy page and i think the phone just autimatically backs up and restores which is why it was removed from the menu on 2.2 because who would want to stop it doing it, i think. Still no luck connecting to my computer to back up things tho, i was just hoping there was a better way than just dragging things over

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

What happens when you connect to PC? You're not using HTC sync are you? Drag and drop is the easiest method

dannybedford likes this.