Backing Up QuestionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Guys,

I'd love to load this new leak, and currently have it downloaded and on the SD card waiting to go. However, I REALLY don't feel like reloading everything and repositioning all my icons and redownloading stuff.

So, my question is this: how "in depth" can a back up get? For instance, I have the game "Replica Island" that I've played probably 30 or so levels, I'd hate to lose all that stored information too. Can a back actually just do a complete restore after loading an OS?

Advertisement
  2. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is what has kept me from going to the new leak. I don't want to redo all my custom icons and screen set up. It was fun the first time on 1.5, not too bad the second time when I updated to the first leak, but will just be a total chore to do it yet again. I FINALLY almost have my screens exactly how I want them.

3. TheSultan

plus, we'll be doing it again when the official comes out (provided we can even get the official now that we've adopted the leak!!)

4. bad05gtt

bad05gtt Well-Known Member

i had app brain all set up....or at least i thought i did before i did the new 2.1 leak and once i did it i lost 95 % of the things i thought i had backed up...oh well...live and learn and now trying to remember what i had on my 1.5 eris...if the official 2.1 has any additional fixes i will have to go a different way this time !!!

5. TheSultan

i don't mind downloading a few apps here and there, and really, it won't take THAT long to re-arrange them. But, I'm sooo close to beating this game!

6. bad05gtt

bad05gtt Well-Known Member

i just read on another thread that i was not suspose to download google maps until i did the app brain restore... the only problem was that it was in my downloaded history after i d/l the 2.1...i dont have a clue....i never d/l it before ????