Backing up rooted Samsung Galaxy s3?

1. in2bashun

in2bashun Member

I'm really new to this "Rooting" thing. I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy s3 after years of using the iPhone, and always JB my iPhones and backed them up using iTunes.
    Yesterday, a friend of mine "Rooted" my phone, because I wanted to be able to tether my s3 (AT&T) to my iPad. That worked great using FoxFi. It wouldn't work prior to rooting the phone, AT&T wont allow FoxFi to work on the unrooted s3.
    Now Im reading all these threads on this forum about rooting, jelly bean and dozens of other "Droid" disciplines that are all Greek to me.
    So, to start out, what is the best app for Backing Up a rooted droid?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Moved to Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T) All Things Root. :)
    CafeKampuchia likes this.
  3. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

I like Titanium backup for mu apps. Also ther is My Backup Pro. SMS Backup and restore for SMS and MMS.
  4. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member Developer

Before thinking about backup up individual apps, you should always to a nandroid backup of a freshly rooted phone.
    Rxpert83 and Metroid Prime like this.
  5. Jeepmaster

Jeepmaster Well-Known Member

Agree, do a nandriod backup first. It's kinda like a restore point for your phone. After making it with ClockWorkMod, copy the files to your computer or somewhere safe. I don't trust my ext. SD card anymore as it corrupted on me once.
  6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Nandroids are every rioters best friend