backing up sms/mms with titanium?

Last Updated:

1. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i had asked before and was told this can be done, but i can't figure it out...can anyone help me out? how do i backup all my sms and mms messages w/ titanium so i can restore them to a new rom?

Advertisement
  2. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

It should be in green. something like sms/mms/apn. Or if you use a 3rd party messaging app (handcent/chomp) it would keep them with the app if you use backup app & user data. I don't recall exactly what it was, and I have never tried ONLY restoring sms.

3. BreakTheStatic

BreakTheStatic Active Member

I've been trying to figure this out too. I use Handcent, but that app interfaces with the stock SMS db, so you will NOT have your texts if you do a backup/restore of Handcent. There has to be some other db that stores this info...

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Not sure but I think it's listed as:

[SMS/MMS PREFS] Messages 1.00

Then if you want to restore just the messages, do a batch restore once the new ROM is loaded using "Restore all apps with data". Now "Deselect All". Then scroll down to the above listed Messages app and select only that one. Click the "Data only" option on that screen, then "Run the batch operation" button.

I think that will restore your old messages to a new ROM. If the messaging app is the same though, you could just restore App + Data intead and get them that way since you're installing the same app over itself.