Backing up smsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my first message memory full notification and frankly I'm quite disappointed now :(
    I don't see the point in limiting something that uses so little data compared to everything else.. But w/e, that's fine.
    And I'm sure that, like with everything else, there's an app for that :)

So I'm betting a lot of you don't fancy deleting their texts either and I really like being able to backtrack my conversations a bit (love threaded view in that aspect).
    That's why I want to ask you guys, which sms backup app is the best.
    I would really like to be able to back my messages up to the SD and still be able to read or search them without having to restore, doesn't have to be threaded view or anything, just no cluttered xml file or anything :rolleyes:

I've been looking for this functionality since my first dumb phone, so I'm hoping this time I'm lucky :p

So, any of you more experienced android users want to share some knowledge on this?

Advertisement
  2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

wavesecure for me. its part of my subscription

3. fuzio1963

fuzio1963 Well-Known Member

SMS BAckUp by Chris Studer, it saves all your sms massages to your google account. Or use My Backup Pro from the market as well.

4. Dokk

Dokk Member

Fuzio do you know if there's a way to fix the @unknown.person in gmail? WHen I backup my messages with that program some of my convo's are listed with the number@unknown.person instead of the person's name. Have you run into this problem at all?

5. legion21

legion21 Well-Known Member

theres a limit to how many sms you can have one your phone? How many do you think you had to have in order to reach that limit haha.

6. Teknologic

Yeah, I was a bit surprised that there was a limit as well. I think I only hadabout 1500 - 2000 messages total. For those interested, I used sms backup & restore. Free app just for messages, archives to SD and pretty easy to view the backed up messages.
    Almost exactly what I wanted so I'm happy ^^

7. fuzio1963

fuzio1963 Well-Known Member

I have no idea....:( Did not have this on my phone/backup.

You can remove that limit in "settings".

8. legion21

legion21 Well-Known Member

Ahhh thats good to know haha

9. Teknologic

Can you please specify? All I found in the default messaging app regarding a limit was setting a limit after which old messages get autodeleted. And I never had that box checked..

10. 2bella

2bella New Member

I don't know if you ever found a solution for this. If you're on Verizon, disable your "backup assistant" on your droid phone. This seems to correct the problem. All your contacts are already backed-up to your google contacts. I was getting the same problem, and resolved it by doing this.:)

11. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

i use porter for some time now and it's ok ...back-up takes about 3-4 seconds and restore about 30-40s ,no issues.

P.S. - search for sms backup in market and it's on the bottom of the list.

12. Cebe

Cebe New Member