Backing up your Android???Support

Last Updated:

1. lkosova

lkosova Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How are you backing up your Android or are you backing up your Android????

I guess I might take out the memory card and start to back it up weekly to a computer folder.

Any other ideas???:confused:

Larry

Advertisement
  2. hye_tech

hye_tech Member

That would be an option since everything else is synced to your google account. (Contacts, Calendar) I don't know about the application though. I downloaded an app the other night and it completely screwed up my phone, worse thing, I forgot what app it was....I couldn't receive phone calls or SMS, and my HOME key didn't function....I was on the damn phone with TMobile for an HOUR....i kept telling them that I couldn't receive calls, they kept trying to transfer me to PDA dept, but the calls kept droppping....ALL I HAD TO DO WAS RESET THE PHONE, everything's back to normal just had to download all the apps I used again....

3. lkosova

If a virus attacks the phone or what happened to you , yes doing a reset will wipe out the culprit as I have been told, this is why I want to back up the card once in awhile since I am putting more applications that I will use for business etc.

I just did not know if there was software to transfer or just the above.

Larry

4. ghoonk

ghoonk Member

Backing up is pretty simple for me:

I have an app from MS call SyncToy that I use to sync my SDHC card with my PC when it's connected for charging every night. This basically backs up my SDHC card. As for the data on the phone, it's already in the cloud, and just like I used to do with Mail for Exchange on my Nokia E51, all I need to do is to set up the credentials again, and I have all my contacts and calendar in the phone again

5. lkosova

Thanks Ghoonk,

This is what I was looking for. And it works with the G1??? I want something that I hook up to the computer for charging and the transfer begins.

I will look that up.

Larry

6. ghoonk

ghoonk Member

7. ikkleste

ikkleste Member

Any one any idea on how we'll stand with downloads of applications and resetting once the market starts to be opened to pay-for applications?

It's all very well saying that when there's a problem to just reset. But if you've paid for apps that could be a problem.

Are your appliction payments attached to your T-mobile account? your google account? anyone have any idea how this will work yet?

8. MackemX

MackemX New Member

good question but I guess one option would be that the app is maybe linked to your Gmail account. That still limits you in some respect if you ever want to switch Gmail accounts. T-Mobile probably won't be responsible for it and if they suggest you reset the phone then people better make sure they can get those apps back first ;)