Root backing up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mobrienjr, Jul 6, 2010.

1. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    what is a good frequency for backing up through ROM manager. I would assume anytime that you change any kernal/rom/function that uses the ROM manager. Was curious what other people were doing?

Advertisement

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    I try to backup about once a month or before any major change. For example, I update.zipped a 1GHz kernel today and made sure I had a good backup before I applied it.

3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    VIP Member

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    My backups take up the majority of my SDcard (I have barely any music/movies on there), so I have plenty. It's easy enough to get into Astro (or mount via PC) and delete the old ones to save space. I generally backup everytime I add a theme/kernel or a new ROM. It takes a few extra minutes, but if you end up in a bootloop, you can always restore one step back, instead of one MONTH back.

4. Thrawn

Thrawn Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    Pretty much good policy to backup every time before (and also after if you want to have a clean slate backup) you flash something.

5. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Yea I was thinkinh about that before I tried the p3droid 1.25 kernal. And well I got caught in a boot loop...good thing that I backed up