backing up

Last Updated:

1. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

what is a good frequency for backing up through ROM manager. I would assume anytime that you change any kernal/rom/function that uses the ROM manager. Was curious what other people were doing?

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I try to backup about once a month or before any major change. For example, I update.zipped a 1GHz kernel today and made sure I had a good backup before I applied it.

3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

My backups take up the majority of my SDcard (I have barely any music/movies on there), so I have plenty. It's easy enough to get into Astro (or mount via PC) and delete the old ones to save space. I generally backup everytime I add a theme/kernel or a new ROM. It takes a few extra minutes, but if you end up in a bootloop, you can always restore one step back, instead of one MONTH back.

4. Thrawn

Thrawn Well-Known Member

Pretty much good policy to backup every time before (and also after if you want to have a clean slate backup) you flash something.

5. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yea I was thinkinh about that before I tried the p3droid 1.25 kernal. And well I got caught in a boot loop...good thing that I backed up