Backlight Comes on at Night -- How to stopSupport

1. Hello,

I dock my S4 at night and press the power button to turn off the display/backlight. However, at various times (once per night it seems) the backlight will come on showing the desk-clock time and temperature, and even on the dimmest setting, it's bright enough to wake me up.

Anyway to squash this? I have Tasker installed if there's a setting there that'll help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

This happens to me as well with my galaxy rush. In my case it happens when the battery is fully charged and it gives a notification telling me to in unplug it from the charger. I'm not sure if there is a way to disable this, but this may also be the cause in your case. (I actually wouldn't mind disabling it myself)

A 'solution' I have found is to install Screen Filter from the play store.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.haxor

It places a shade on top of the screen allowing you to make the screen much darker than the min brightness. I also use this for night reading since its easier on the eyes.
  3. Thanks for the reply. I installed Screen Filter which does quite well. However, I learned that to get it to play nice with Tasker, I had to launch/disable it using the "plugin" Tasker options instead of the Launch/Kill options... but now it works well. Thanks!
  4. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

Do you use the Desk-Clock tab on the stock Clock app on full screen? I get that too and it bugs the crap outta me.
  5. trucky

trucky Well-Known Member

You might want to look at an app like Dock Clock in the Play Store. You can adjust the brightness, size, color, style, etc. of a clock that floats on your screen to keep from causing burn in. There are setting in it to allow you to silence certain alerts that might cause your screen to light up. I use it with a digital font in a very dark red, barely bright enough to see in the dark but just enough so I can see the time if needed.
  6. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

I second this app. I don't have the stock dock, but a cellphone stand that I use to hold my phone in portrait or landscape. I figured out that you can set the screen to be very dim at night and it works great. It even uses the stock alarm profiles I already set. (This app can be used with a stock dock too.)