backlight not wanting to work after screen replacementSupport

Last Updated:

1. chrisco_kid

chrisco_kid Active Member This Topic's Starter

i replaced my lcd and touch screen today, and i know the pins are pushed in properly, especially since it would boot to the 4g sign and then the backlight turned on (this is the first time it booted) and so i played with it, then turned off the phone to put the sd card in, booted back up, it did the same thing, then after about 20 minutes, backlight turned off and has refused to turn on again, just the backlight mind you, the phone is still functional, just no light, any ideas? also, the volume down and power button on boot up isnt working for some reason, how odd...

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

dealing with electronics like phones is very delicate. The smallest scratch on a ribbon cable or on a board will cause something to go wrong. It could also just be a bad screen, where did you get it?

3. chrisco_kid

chrisco_kid Active Member This Topic's Starter

well im not too worried about it now, a buddy apparently works for sprint and im getting my phone replaced free of charge, so thats awesome.

4. mike2011

mike2011 New Member

anybody have any idea how to turn on the backlight on x10 for when i receive a text message?

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

First, this is an HTC Evo forum, not x10. Second, did you search? I'm sure that question has been asked on here before...