Backlight won't stay off?Support

Last Updated:

1. JamOnIt

JamOnIt Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys...I've had my Fascinate for a few weeks and just tonight out of the blue, no matter what timeout interval I have my backlight to shut off at, it goes blank and a few seconds later turns itself back on. Then keeps cycling on and off indefinitely. This happens whether or not it's charging.

I'm not rooted, and the only things I installed today were Pulse news reader and Nose Candy. I've since uninstalled both and the problem persists.

Any help? Obviously this can't stay, or else my battery will die within a couple hours, even when not in use.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

I think VZW reps install Task Killers on the phone before you leave the store? Did that happen to you? If yes, uninstall the TK and reboot and let us know if that helps you.

3. JamOnIt

JamOnIt Member This Topic's Starter

Ahhh...I put Advanced Task Killer on and set it to kill on screen blank. I just turned that setting off and it seems to fix the problem, but I wonder why there wasn't a problem for the past two weeks with that setting.

Well hopefully that was it...thanks for the heads up.

4. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

YW.

BTW, if you have a chance, read the article in my signature regarding Task Killers. Don't set your TK on a schedule. Just selectively kill apps if/when you need to.

Autokill feature causes probs.