Backorder BluesGeneral

1. Dolmangar

Dolmangar Well-Known Member

Hi All,
    Quite a number of people have had their N4s for a week or so now. I'm still a member of the Back-Order group. I've sent some emails to support and they still don't have a date.

I received this email this morning:
    "I understand how it's important to know when your device will arrive to you. I don't have exact date of when they will be shipped out. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for being patient."

My goal isn't to start a thread about complaining, just to share information on what everyone is hearing from Google. I'm being patient, but would really like to get my new phone so I can join in the fun.

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I noticed today that they Nexus 10 finally came back in stock, so i imagine it's only a matter of time before the Nexus 4 does as well.
  3. spriteboost

spriteboost Well-Known Member

i got these blues to i've sent one msg to the google support no response might have to pester them other then that just waiting though a thread should start or this one for those that were backordered and have received a tracking or information when its coming :O
  4. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

If I don't get a shipping conformation by tomorrow i'm calling Google's support. Tomorrow will be exactly 2 weeks since I ordered my phone and if I get the standard 3 week line i'm going to ask for a supervisor.
  5. spriteboost

so i called google they still have no idea's to when its coming. The reps are uninformed ah well I'll just wait till next Friday i guess since the 3 weeks started the Friday after orders where received I'm having doubts I'll get mine till then now :-\
    btw email i received after calling them ....
    "
    Thank you for contacting Google Play.

Rest assured that Nexus 4 orders are being delivered based on the order in which they were received. Due to overwhelming demand we sold out of Nexus 4 extremely quickly.

Thanks,
    The Google Play Support Team"
    .... you think .... ah well and the wait continues
  6. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

They're support is Horrid right now! Just some FYI to people waiting for one, imagine the headaches that will occur when support is actually needed for this phone a few months down the line....ughhhhhh, Google you've let me down on so many levels!
  7. spriteboost

yea i hope i'll never need support for the device :O haven't for any of my other phones but who knows tho they did answer my call right away and tried answering my question as best of the knowledge that they obviously give them so support might be different who knows.
  8. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

I have not called them at all due to being busy but did send them a few emails. Each time I get the standard 3 week line. At this point, I can wait. Who knows maybe the 2nd batch will be better?

Time will tell I suppose.
  9. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

Email less than 2 minutes ago:

"Your Nexus 4 order is scheduled to ship this week. We
  10. kalaster

kalaster Well-Known Member

11. killxswitch

killxswitch Well-Known Member

I just got the notification too!

Honestly I did not expect to get one of these this year. I am not thrilled, I'm still annoyed at the launch. But at least they weren't lying when they said w/in 3 weeks.
  12. Dolmangar

Same here, must have sent it out in bulk. Hopefully it's because they got their latest shipment and they are going out the door.

13. Dolmangar

You'd have to change it in your Play profile. However I don't know if that will change the address for your past order, or only for future orders. You should either call or send an email to support with the new address.
  14. killxswitch

killxswitch Well-Known Member

I was hoping to hear that the shipping would be upgraded, or that they were throwing something in for free as an apology for fraking up the initial launch. Oh well.
  15. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

16. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Got the email too, all things considered I'm happy to get a shipping discount.

Now I need a bumper!
  17. Bob Loblaw1

Bob Loblaw1 Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear that it sounds like this phone will get in the hands of more enthusiasts very soon!
  18. Banished Angel

Not soon enough :p

In all seriousness though better late than never. I can't wait to finally get my hands on this phone.

EDIT: The charge reappeared on my card and the date for my order changed to the 27th. Since Google said they won't charge until the order has shipped I'm going to assume I'll be getting it tomorrow or Wednesday even though I haven't got a tracking number yet.
  19. kalaster

No, Im confident that's the date they send them out. it would be silly to ship it out then charge your card.
  20. Banished Angel

Yes, i'm betting on it shipping in the morning. The last batch that Google sent out they upgraded to 1 day priority air mail so like I said i'm planning on receiving it tomorrow night if i'm lucky since it's shipping from Kentucky and I live in Indiana. I should get the phone Wednesday at the latest.
  21. spriteboost

yay got same email i believe in you google again some info lmfao excited my nexus 4 has moved back up on my orders number one spot since haven't got any apps after it recently the date says nov 27th so :) can't wait hope it will be here in next few days. i also kinda think they'll do one day shipping like they did last week for the others that received there's <fingers crossed> :D
  22. Dolmangar

Just got this email:

Nexus 4 will be available for purchase later today!
    Order yours from Google Play starting today, November 27 at 12:00 noon PST (U.S. only).

I had signed up for notification prior to launch, which I never got. But this probably confirms that the stock is back in.
  23. kalaster

Btw, was anyone having problems with Google wallet last night? Shortly after the email I got another from wallet saying my card was declined. And for an hour, it could not authorize it and began to panic. Tried later that night and worked again >.>
  24. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Second all of this, mine says 11/27 now and I would love if they next day air it.
  25. spriteboost

yay 2nd day air :D today
    UPS 2ND DAY AIR

In Transit[​IMG]

Last Location: Louisville, KY, United States, Tuesday, 11/27/2012

Additional Information

Type:package

Shipment Progress

• What's This?

Location Date Local Time Activity Louisville, KY, United States 11/27/2012 1:03 P.M. Origin Scan