Backorder Wait

Last Updated:

1. kingevo

kingevo Member This Topic's Starter

The Evo is one sexy beast of a phone with very high profile parts, though I WOULD love to have one in my grubby little hands, Sprint is backed up with orders. I want to know from any others that have been put on backorder, what did Sprint give you as a eta? Mine was two to three weeks and this will be the start of week two.

Advertisement
  2. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

They are out there call around to different Radio Shack stores. They get them in weekly. Also get on a list if they are not in stock right now in a weeks time you will have it. You can also try ordering daily off of the Sprint web page they come and go. I made a call in Thursday for a replacement by Friday at 3pm I had 2 version #3 handsets waiting for me to exchange. They are out there.

3. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

I went to the local Sprint store to buy some accessories for mine yesterday. They said they have 98 people on a waiting list here with a 4 week ETA for the bottom of the list guys.

4. ArtGuy

ArtGuy Well-Known Member

I was told 2-3 weeks as well, so it should be in sometime in the next week or so.

Although I am very anxious to retire my iPhone, I am kind of glad that I didn't jump in on day one. By the time I get my EVO, HTC will have had about a month to fix or update anything that from the V1.0 batch.

5. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member

I have been waiting for over 2 weeks at BB. I just changed my pre order from the black evo to the new white evo that comes out july 11th. I was the first pre order so i will get it the 11th.

6. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I dont know about that....here in bklyn I was able to pick one up at my local Sprint store yesterday. They are around guys, you just got to call up various company Stores.

7. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

There's a white one coming out? This would probably be the only thing that would make me green with envy when it comes out. :D

Sent using my HTC Evo 4G.

8. zeux6

zeux6 Well-Known Member

Call Sprint and order one. That's what I did when Best Buy took too long. I called Thursday afternoon and got it by 11am on Friday because I asked for it to be shipped overnight. It only cost 12 dollars to do that.

9. zeux6

zeux6 Well-Known Member

I'm quite sure you'll be able to buy a white back for your phone even before the phone does come out. Just check ebay.

10. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member

Yes, you can only get it threw best buy. I went for it because by the 11th HTC should have the build issues worked out.

11. Chief7

Chief7 Well-Known Member

I wish it was that easy... in the Tampa Bay area I have called ALL of the Sprint (Corp) stores, RadioCrap, Sam's, and BestBuy (Walmart isn't carrything the EVO here) and they ALL have waiting lists from 4 at Sam's (but they won't do the S/P 1 year Upgrade) to more than 150 at several of the Tampa Sprint stores. I'm #30 at a Sprint store in Bradenton and will be surprised if I have an EVO to watch the Daytona race on the 4th!! :(