Backorder

Last Updated:

1. sam007

sam007 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Guys

Just ordered my X and gotten a backorder status with an arrival date of 9/10 - for others who ordered the device and got a similar status, did your device arrive earlier or later than the estimated date?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Mrdroid921

Mrdroid921 Well-Known Member

Just did a early upgrade to the X tonight, and they said there may be a
    slight chance that it comes sooner then 9/10.

3. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

on average they're coming approximately 5 days early. now, that is an average. some are coming a little earlier, and some a little later.
    now, not to sound like a jerk, but there is a thread devoted to people talking about their ship time experiences with over 1,100 posts with tons of info to answer your questions,
    now, there is some misleading information there, because there are posts from people who didnt order from verizon (and they didnt specify that info) so it lead to a bit of a rift.
    also, keep in mind that a lot depends on what warehouse it will ship from. the reason being, is that not every warehouse gets the same number of orders every day. so, factoring in the number of warranty issues each warehouse has to deal with each day, it is possible a person who ordered later than another could get their phone first. the logistics are not as cut and dry as most of us would like them to be.

but to make a short story long, it is possible you may get it a week early, but to save yourself the headache, just prepare yourself to receive it on the 13th (since the 10th is a friday, if it ships then, you wont get it til monday).

4. pavirotten

pavirotten Well-Known Member

My wife ordered her X on 8/20 and was told the same date. I've called CS twice to see if I could get an earlier date nailed down and was given the same date both times.

5. FourAndFive

FourAndFive Active Member

I ordered mine on the 14th and most likely will get it on the 30th or 31st.

It all really depends on where you live, and what type of priority you have. Because obviously there is a priority to who gets their phone first.

6. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

yes and no. replacements have priority for obvious reasons. other than that, there is no basis for why someone may get it faster than another. it all depends on luck of the draw.

for example, let's say there are 2 warehouses. and 20 people order in each region three days in a row. that's 60 orders for each warehouse.
    but, let's say there are 13 broken phones in region A, and only 4 in region B. Those replacements go to the front of the line.
    now, let's say that each warehouse gets 45 phones, and the warehouses wont get another shipment for another 3 days.
    just by happenstance, there is going to be a person in region B that ordered on day 3 that gets a phone before a lot of the people in region A that ordered on day 2. also, there is going to be one guy in region B that gets his phone 3 days before 19 people in his region that ordered on the same day.

this is just one example of things that happen every day (just on a larger scale.) people need to realize that verizon doesnt place daily orders to motorola based on the number of people that ordered that day. so, it just so happens that sometimes phones get shipped out of order. its unavoidable. but it is NOT the norm. a large majority of the shipments are being served first come, first serve.
    people are making incorrect assumptions based on a tiny sampling that is largely skewed because of incomplete or incorrect info (ie. not posting that they ordered from best buy, walmart, amazon, etc., people who are flat out lying, and those minority people who really do get their phones earlier just to get a rise out of people.

i want to end this by saying that i understand the frustration. my phone shipped 10 days later than it was supposed to. i was pissed. but i have a long time to be acquainted with this phone. what is 10 days in the grand scheme of things? but i think the whole situation has been grossly skewed.

believe me when i say that verizon isnt giving special treatment to anyone. what would they have to gain from purposely shipping out of order? they have 95 million customers. they have nothing to gain by giving certain people special treatment based on some random metric.

it is a system that may seem flawed, but it is the most effecient, both for the customers and the company. you cant please everyone. the alternative is to make sure it goes in strict order, but sacrifice the wait times for everyone.

would you rather the vast majority wait ~9-12 days, with very few getting it sooner, and even fewer getting it later, or have everyone wait 16 days?

bbdec1 likes this.
  7. esn

esn Well-Known Member

The X should be in stock soon with all the new devices being launched soon.

8. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

Mine came 2 days early. 2 weeks waiting. People are waiting anywhere from a few days to two and a half weeks. Pray you don't get processed through the ontario ca warehouse. They seem to be the slowest.

9. D3m0nicSoul

D3m0nicSoul New Member

I ordered mine on a verizon partner site on friday and its coming monday =P

10. sam007

Luck you - I work for a corporation so it's a corporate order. Ordered on Fri and so far the ETA is 9/10. Did you get a tracking number for your order/

11. D3m0nicSoul

D3m0nicSoul New Member

Yea its shipping through fedex and it has an arrival date of the 30th

12. socalrailroader

socalrailroader Well-Known Member

Well, I ordered mine in August 10th, it shipped on August 23rd and I received in on August 25th, the date I was told it would ship by.

13. bad05gtt

bad05gtt Well-Known Member

ordered mine from a store outside Pittsburgh on the 20th and had it by the 26th. They gave me a date of september 9th. Thank god they were WRONG!!

14. suv1186

suv1186 Well-Known Member

I ordered mine on the 17th at the verizon store in seattle, wa and I'm supposed to have it today or tomorrow.

15. mac16

mac16 Well-Known Member

I already posted this in the other thread about backorders.

but anyways ordered the 21, got my email today, it will be here on the 1st. They also told me it would be here by the 10th.

But generally the minimum people are getting their confirmation email is 9 days after purchase.

16. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Ordered 8/18, told it would ship by 8/31. This morning, 8/30, got an e-mail with a shipping number, scheduled to arrive 8/31. Also posted this info in the huge 20+ page thread about shipping times.

17. jimmydee

jimmydee Active Member

I have found at least one place to purchase and get overnight. That is on E-Bay the have new with 2 year contract and people selling theres out right. There is a verizon rep. that I used for my DInc. and he sent it to me next day I know he is out there selling the Droid X becuase I saw his posting a few days ago. I also just bought A Droid X used for one month and got today. In excellent condition and no contract which is what I need since I already have my DInc on two year contract. I activaited the Droid X with my present number works fine. Something to consider.

18. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

Another important consideration is that apparently the estimated shipping date is based on the date payment processes rather than the date of the order. For many people that will be the same day that they order but it could be up to several days between an order being placed and payment being processed. This would seem to more likely be an issue under certain circumstances but can also happen for odd reasons.

19. dookie1

dookie1 Well-Known Member

i had an estimated date of 9/10 for a replacement. got an email today that it has shipped and will arrive friday (9/3).

20. sam007

Replacement - not sure if you guys get put on a higher priority list

Did all of you get tracking numbers via email before the device arrived?

21. tystevens

tystevens Well-Known Member

Per Verizon's website, the shipping date has been consistently 2 weeks after the order date for the last couple of weeks. However, I'm hopeful that with Verizon/Moto presumably trying to meet the demand, and the Fascinate launching next Thursday, supply will quickly become adequate. So, I'll be able to check out the Fascinate when it hits stores on the 9th, make a decision between it and the DX that day, and have either one roughly the same time as if I ordered the DX today. I could be wrong, and the DX could stay 2 weeks out forever, but that's my plan!

22. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

From what I see most people are getting their phones earlier T H A N stated.

23. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

I ordered 8/18 and was told it would ship by 8/31, but I received it 8/31. I know another guy who got his 1 week after ordering it on 8/18. So 2 weeks after order is about the longest it should take, but it could come earlier.

24. vista461

vista461 New Member

Ordered mine on 8/22 given a 9/7 ship date, had it via fedex on 9/1.

Had to order mine because I was getting an early upgradeand had to go directly through verizon. My wife got her's at a best buy mobile store in the mall immediately because she was getting a reg 2 year upgrade. I was shocked they had them in stock and you don't have to wait for the stupid rebates