Backup and Restore ContactsSupport

1. hob0d4n

hob0d4n Well-Known Member

is there any other way to backup and restore contacts? i know it automatically syncs with your gmail.

Advertisement
  2. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

....then what's the problem?
  3. hob0d4n

hob0d4n Well-Known Member

just wondering if there was any app that can backup to an SD and restore from that
  4. Ataranine

Not that I know of but when you completely wipe your phone, your contacts are right back in it as if they never went anywhere. As soon as you enter your credentials on the Setup screen it syncs with Google and grabs em.
  5. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that this applies only to to Gmail contacts, not the HTC mail app contacts, yes?

Also, I'm not sure about Gmail "phone" contacts versus "email" contacts - did your "phone" contacts come back as well, or did you have any defined that way in the Gmail app on the phone?

eu1
  6. Ataranine

My phone and email contacts came right back into my phone.
  7. tylerp33

tylerp33 New Member

I restored my phone this weekend and i wasnt able to get my contacts back, they wont come back on the people application, when i start a text message or a call all of my contacts that are through my facebook come up, but not in the people application..please help!
  8. (((echo)))

(((echo))) Member

Did you go to menu > View > and click the box to choose what contacts to display?

Ever since i upgraded to 2.1 my contacts were all messed up. So I backed them all up to google then created a new group in google and put only the people I actually want in my phone in there. The problem is it only gives me the option to sync with all my google contacts which is over 1,000. Is there any way to just sync with the one group I made?
  9. nocturnation

nocturnation New Member

10. cadams_rcs

cadams_rcs New Member

You can backup your People contacts to the SD Card BEFORE you wipe everything.

Go to People -> press Menu button -> Import/Export -> Export Contacts to SD Card.
  11. droidfan1

droidfan1 Well-Known Member

mybackup pro
  12. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

First, welcome to androidforums.com. Thanks for your post.

If you go into Google Contacts (on a computer, not the phone), you'll see on the left-hand side, under any groups that you've created in "My Contacts", a group called "Other Contacts". These are contacts that GMail tracks that you email that are not in your contact list. I don't have a Bionic with JB, but on the Gingerbread build there was an option in Contacts, under menu->Display options, to choose which contacts to display, and under your Google account, there was a checkmark for "all other contacts", which woud also sync these captured contacts down to the phone (it was off by default.)

It would be interesting to see if the same option exists in the current Jellybean build.
  13. abhishek2b4u

abhishek2b4u New Member

sir I have tried this but only my SIM contacts are restored but my phone contacts are not there please sir if you can suggest any other way where i can get my contacts back