• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Backup Android to PC

D

Deleted User

OK, so I"m fairly new to the Android scene, so I"m not sure if I'm asking a stupid question here or not. I'm curious to know if there's a way to backup my android phone and tablet (droid x, and xoom, respectively). I don't mean backup contacts and apps, but rather make an image copy of the drive, and save it somewhere, like a computer. I checked the forums, but didn't find anything like this, so I apologize if it's been repeated. Any help, or any information to point me in the right direction would be great! Also, both devices are NOT rooted, and I would like to avoid rooting them if possible. Thanks!

Jeremy (aka noob:) )

OK, so I"m fairly new to the Android scene, so I"m not sure if I'm asking a stupid question here or not. I'm curious to know if there's a way to backup my android phone and tablet (droid x, and xoom, respectively). I don't mean backup contacts and apps, but rather make an image copy of the drive, and save it somewhere, like a computer. I checked the forums, but didn't find anything like this, so I apologize if it's been repeated. Any help, or any information to point me in the right direction would be great! Also, both devices are NOT rooted, and I would like to avoid rooting them if possible. Thanks!

Jeremy (aka noob:) )

If you are rooted, I have the perfect solution for you. (Nearly all solutions will require root access)

First, you need to have an app called ROM Manager. This will let you back up EVERYTHING on your phone into a NAND image as mentioned above. The free version does this, but the paid version (worth every penny BTW) can make backups automatically.

From here, you download an app called Cheetah Sync. It syncs over your home wifi network automatically to a folder you specify on your computer. WIth the right settings, you can have all of your backups done automatically, and wirelessly!

Cheetah Sync on the Android Market

Rom Manager on the Android Market

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones