• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help backup assistant/contact problem

Originally Posted by DieselBDC
Hi Everyone,
Its been awhile. but even though I've had no time to chat, I have been keeping up with the forum.
And now I have a wierd thing/problem that pisses me off with backup assistant and hoping someone could help point me in the right direction.
It bothers me that I have duplicates and triplicates or more of the same contacted linked together. For some reason, verizon will take a contact and because it doesn't have the () around the area code, it makes a duplicate of the contact without the ()'s. Or it will randomly make a lot of multiples of a contact.
I have deleted from both my phone (tokk a long time checking every contact and unchecking all the links) and from backup assistant twice, and still does this. It messes up with other apps and changes the contact pictures I have chosen and when you look at a contact, it will show the home # phone 3 times.

I tried searching the threads for contacts, but there was nothing about this problem.

I'd appreciate the help if anyone can.

Backup assistant wouldn't even work for me. I tried like 2 times, and then checked up on the Verizon Wireless site to check and see if my contacts were there and there was no list to be found even though on my phone it said that the backup was successful.

So I did this instead.

1. Fix your contacts list the way you like it, add information and etc. Once done and you have your contacts list the way you like it then...
  2. Select Menu
  3. Select Import/Export
  4. Select Export to SD card
  5. Then select Phone (NOT GOOGLE)
  6. You should get a confirmation export pop up notification, select OK.
  7. Hook your phone up to your PC by the USB cable that came with your phone.
  8. Make sure that after hooking up your phone to PC that it is hooked up as the Disc Drive.
  9. Then open the SD folder on your PC by going to My Computer, and you should see a similar file as pcsc_pcsc_00001.vcf the name of the file may be slightly different than what mine is.
Then on your phone, delete your contacts list, and upload your contacts list that is saved on your SD card by going through the 1 and 2 steps above, but instead select Import and you have your list. I have put the .vcf file on my PC as well as a way of having a back-up for any particular reason.

I hope that this was of any help to you. :)

Reactions: DieselBDC
Upvote 0
Hi Everyone,
Its been awhile. but even though I've had no time to chat, I have been keeping up with the forum.
And now I have a wierd thing/problem that pisses me off with backup assistant and hoping someone could help point me in the right direction.
It bothers me that I have duplicates and triplicates or more of the same contacted linked together. For some reason, verizon will take a contact and because it doesn't have the () around the area code, it makes a duplicate of the contact without the ()'s. Or it will randomly make a lot of multiples of a contact.
I have deleted from both my phone (tokk a long time checking every contact and unchecking all the links) and from backup assistant twice, and still does this. It messes up with other apps and changes the contact pictures I have chosen and when you look at a contact, it will show the home # phone 3 times.

I tried searching the threads for contacts, but there was nothing about this problem.

I'd appreciate the help if anyone can.

Would see if you can play around in your gmail on computer. If your contacts are backing up there(and they should) you can from there merge duplicates, and get them to be not so redundant, IMO google does a far superior job of backing up your contacts

Reactions: DieselBDC
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones