Backup Assistant QuestionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. SmarterJP

SmarterJP Active Member This Topic's Starter

Total newbie with basic questions about backing up contacts using VW Backup Assistant. I had all my contacts copied over to my new Fascinate and all my Gmail contacts info also got synched up. I just wanted the contacts with phone numbers to show up in my Contacts list and so selected the option that displays Contacts this way.

Now the backup service seems to only back up 4 contacts (#BAL, #DATA, #MIN, #PMT) and none of my actual contacts. Can someone enlighten me on how to get all my contacts synched up with the online Backup Assistant?

JP

Advertisement
  2. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

They should be syncing up with Google now.

3. SmarterJP

SmarterJP Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, they do in Gmail but when I log onto VW online, I do not see any of my contacts inside the Backup Assistant section. I was wondering about that.

4. tecomer

tecomer New Member

I have the same question. Does Google/Gmail override the Verizon Backup Assistant? I keep getting an actual error message regarding the sync (#11 I think).

5. idbelike

idbelike New Member

I found a way to get mine on the backup assistant.

With backing up from google the contacts are stored as links not actually stored on the device itself. So what you need to do is export your contacts from google as a vcard then delete the contacts in google or all your info will be doubled up on the device. After you delete your stuff in google copy the vcard to your root of the sd card then on your device goto contacts press menu button select more then select export/import and tell it to import the vcard you copied. that will store your contacts local on the device now goto backup assistant and click back up. also you will now notice that you can assign a unique ringtone to all your local contacts with google you cant do that.

This worked for me on the Samsung Fascinate.

SmarterJP likes this.
  6. 2006_z4si

2006_z4si New Member

Thanks it worked perfectly for my fascinate, but it's not syncing up to my online backup assistant. This is what i get "Our server didn't respond. Please give it another try in a little bit." I have been trying all day. Is there something wrong with VW servers or is it me?