• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Backup assistant

MrSett

Lurker
Jan 1, 2013
I just deleteded all of my contacts and want to put them back on my phone. my DNA was already synced with backup assitant. and all of my contacts were synced prior to me deleteling them. now that all of my contacts are off of my phone and saved to backup assisitant, how do i get them back onto my phone?

I would think you go to MyVerizon.com and get them from there. But why are you using Backup Assistant? Why don't you back up all you contacts to your gmail account? That way as soon as you log in to you gmail account from any phone you'll ever get, all your contact will be right there.

No fuss, no muss. All you have to remember is your gmail password and viola, you're done. Verizon Backup Assistant is the first thing I disable when I get a new phone.

Upvote 0
I would think you go to MyVerizon.com and get them from there. But why are you using Backup Assistant? Why don't you back up all you contacts to your gmail account? That way as soon as you log in to you gmail account from any phone you'll ever get, all your contact will be right there.

No fuss, no muss. All you have to remember is your gmail password and viola, you're done...

This.

This is the easiest way. I moved from my Dinc to the DNA and contacts all moved. Took as long as to type the PW.

However there should be an option on your backup assistant software on your phone that should allow you to do a restore somehow. I would turn the sync off and see if you can do a manual sync/restore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones