Backup AssistantSupport

Last Updated:

1. andyandroid81891

andyandroid81891 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Under Settings>>Accounts & Sink backup assistant is an option. I set it up because I was curious to know what it was, however now that I know that all it does is back-up contacts and now that I know that I can't logout, I WANT IT GONE! How can I undo this?

Advertisement
  2. BzB

BzB Well-Known Member

found myself in the same predicament. only thing i tried that seems like it worked is going to settings > applications > manage applications > account and sync settings and then clearing the cache. seems to remove the setup info in the backup assistant. however, the sync icon still shows to be green. logged into the online backup assistant here http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/landingpages/backup.jsp but didn't see anything.

looks like there's no account setup on my phone, but the sync icon still being green makes me cautious.

3. Stangs55

Stangs55 Well-Known Member

Anyone else?

I want this deactivated!

4. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

Syncing/back-up is like insurances, doesn't really matter and seems like a waste... until something happens. Some and probably many people today live through their phone, and if its damage or lost and you to enter contacts into a new phone or need a number you can't remember... OUCH. You can turn off Auto syncing and do it manually if you want, i know i use my Verizon website to send messages, check my account, usages, pay my bill, so my contacts being available on line is great.

If you have no need for it... turn it off. I turned off my weather Auto-syncing... if i wanna know the weather i speak into the mic and get it off the internet or from the news (tv).

When someone NEW or a new phone number calls me, my phone ask me if i want to add it to my contacts, this comes in handy on a moments notice.

5. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

Just curious why you'd want it gone? I LOVE Back-up Assistant, I've been using it for a few years now, and always would load it to a new phone. If the phone I'm using ever gets lost, damaged, stolen and I can't retrieve all my contacts, I have peace of mind knowing that I can quickly and easily add them all to a new phone, because of Back-up Assistant.

SCARLETnGREY likes this.
  6. red97xj

red97xj Well-Known Member

my d inc will be here soon, but mean while, are talking something that is an app or a verizon thing? I am new to Verizon also. Is it free? What would be the downside of it? If it works, it seems like a no-brainer to me.

7. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

It's free - it's pre-loaded on the Incredible. You can also manage you contacts on the Verizon website when you sign up for My Verizon.

Also, you no don't have to go into Verizon to transfer all your contacts from one phone to another (if you have a previous Verizon phone of course) when you change phones, eliminating that service fee.

I agree, it's a no-brainer to me. But perhaps I am not understanding why others don't like it.

8. thatkidmatt

thatkidmatt Active Member

I would really like it gone as well.

All of my contacts are synced to my gmail account... which I like much better.

9. INTREPID-NY

INTREPID-NY Well-Known Member

You don't need Backup Assistant if you use gmail and keep you contacts with gmail. gmail sync will keep things backed up. Backup Assistant would be redundant - unless you change to a phone that doesn't support gmail.