Backup before upgrading to 2.2

Last Updated:

1. Chef4444

Chef4444 New Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 22, 2010
    A few weeks ago, I received a notification saying I could upgrade to 2.2 but that I should backup my phone first. I did not upgrade at that time because I didn't know (and still don't know) how to backup my stuff. I cleared the notification and have not seen it since.

1. Ideally, I would like to backup my applications, music, and mail accounts so that I can easily reinstall them after upgrading to 2.2. What is the best way to do that, keeping in mind that I am a relative beginner at this stuff?

2. Since I cleared the notification, I do not see a way to upgrade to 2.2. I looked through "Settings" and a few other places, but haven't had any luck. What would I have to do to upgrade to 2.2?

To be clear, what I'm trying to do is upgrade to 2.2 and not have to rebuild my list of applications, mail setup, etc.

2. stevenlong

stevenlong Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    When I received my 2.2 upgrade I didn't need to backup anything.

But if you are looking for a backup take a look at My Backup Pro or Titanium Backup, either are very good and will restore your phone. (use them when I flash new roms, different from upgrade)