Backup contacts on Android 1.6Support

1. Thowe2

Thowe2 New Member

I'm soon to upgrade my phone from my loyal but slow Tattoo. How can I back up all my contacts to my Google account using android 1.6?

A lot of the posts on this forum say to go to People > Menu > Export but android 1.6 does not have the export button. It only has 'New contact', 'Search people', 'Delete contacts', 'View', 'Import' and 'Sync Exchange contacts'.

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Thowe2

Thowe2 New Member

I've worked out a method to do it in case anyone finds this page...

I downloaded and opened 'Ciacs Contact Sender', changed the settings to save type 'CSV (Outlook)' and save to a file. I then used ASTRO file viewer to navigate to the file in order to email it to myself. I then saved it to my computer from my email then went to google.com/contacts. I then imported the contacts from the file I had emailed myself into Google contacts. Finally I went into my phone's settings > Data Synchronisation > Google > Menu Button > Sync Now to get them synced onto my phone (then in the 'People' app I set it to only show Google contacts from 'Menu Button' > View > Unticked Phone and Sim.
  3. slovakgal

slovakgal Member

Hiya! Hope you have email notifications so you'll be able to see this - the app you talked about isn't available for lower than 2.1 android phones, and it doesn't seem to be syncing with Google contacts either :'( I'm really lost, got a new htc phone and can't even get all the contacts to it.... :(