• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Backup - how complete?

rbruce1314

Lurker
Sep 14, 2011
Just a quick question: I have 'backup pro' installed and have backed up everything possible. If I now do a total (hard) reset (for continuous faulty clock problems mentioned elsewhere on the forum), then how much of the settings etc. will I get back using the 'restore' function? Do I get it all back (phone as it was before), or are there things missing?

In other words does 'backup pro' do a complete job or will I have to fiddle around for hours after the reset??

Thanks

I read on the description of the app and it seems as it will restore most of the settings on the phone. But I don't think that it will restore the Homescreen setup that you have at the moment nor any added words to the dictionary. So I don't think it will take you too long after the restore to have everything back the way you have it right now.

Reactions: rbruce1314
Upvote 0
I read on the description of the app and it seems as it will restore most of the settings on the phone. But I don't think that it will restore the Homescreen setup that you have at the moment nor any added words to the dictionary. So I don't think it will take you too long after the restore to have everything back the way you have it right now.
Thanks for that - I coincidentally found that out the hard way a couple of days ago when the phone totally crashed for the first time (My 5800 used to crash at least once a fortnight :mad: :D). As you say, it creates its own homescreens AND app screen order - - took an age to get back, not to mention the album art (off topic!). S'pose it depends on your definition of "not too long".....;)

Upvote 0
Thanks for that - I coincidentally found that out the hard way a couple of days ago when the phone totally crashed for the first time (My 5800 used to crash at least once a fortnight :mad: :D). As you say, it creates its own homescreens AND app screen order - - took an age to get back, not to mention the album art (off topic!). S'pose it depends on your definition of "not too long".....;)

Well I must say that even if it was the hard way (really bad that it happened to you :eek:) I'm glad that it is the way you want it right now :)

Upvote 0
In other words does 'backup pro' do a complete job or will I have to fiddle around for hours after the reset??
I doesn't get everything back exactly the same but it takes care of a lot of things that do take ages to replace yourself so you spend a lot less time reinstalling apps. The main reason I use it is things like the call/sms/data logs that apps make are replaced after the wipe so you haven't lost your history.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones