• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Backup image?

vitalitouch

Nov 27, 2011
Please excuse my noob question but....
I am looking to make a backup image of my phone. Is it possible to do so in a similar way one would back up a computer? I want it so i can just load (or boot, or whatever the case may be) the image(.zip, again whatever makes it possible.) so that the exact image of my phone is restored. All my settings, my current wallpaper, set ringtones, the whole sha-bang. I have titanium back-up, but unless im missing something, the only option here is to back up your apps, and restore them (the unpaid version has a really annoying one at a time method, even in batch mode.) This is wonderful and i glad this is possible. But is there a program, or a method that i could just make a backup of my phone that then will restore the whole phone in its entirety? Im sure that this is possible, and im sorry if this is a really dumb question but i have tried to research it. It seems i can do something like this with nandroid...but i thought i remember reading somewhere that our phones dont work well with ROM manager (is nandroid and rom manager the same thing? Im a little confused on that too.) Any clarification, or a point in the right direction where i could find this information would be highly appreciated.

Also, I would like to take time to really thank everyone on this forum that has helped our phones get to where they are (and where they are going.) I love that we have a sence of community here and that people are so willing to apply so much hard work and brain power to make the WARP (and really the whole android community) such a personalized learning experience. I am greatful to you all Woodstock, Lordvincent, and Snake X especially, as you all have really helped me in my personal venture with my phone. Karma is lifes best law.

You need clockwork mood recovery (cwm)
Here is some info on it
What Is ClockworkMod Recovery And How To Use It On Android [Complete Guide]
And here is how to get it
http://androidforums.com/warp-all-t...orkmod-5-0-2-7-beta2-warp-released-today.html

http://androidforums.com/warp-all-things-root/490927-one-click-process-installing-cwm.html
Edit-only use cwm from this forum it was made to work with this phone, it isn't 'official' (made by koush, creator of cwm)
Other versions (outside this forum) may brick your warp :eek:

Upvote 0
Thanks. I have cwm and am rooted. I was hoping to edit this post but my phone isnt allowing. I have titanium backup installed and have made a batch back up,however, the restore process is so teedious with the 160 apps i have. Also it doesnt seem to save any of my settings. Ie. Wallpaper golauncher boat browser as default resolution settings ect. I was hoping there was something that would basically allow me to Wipe my phone then restore it right back to as was.with out going.back in and redownloading all my apps one by one or redoing all my settings. Does the pd version allow for this type of backup? Thank you for the reply.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones