Backup issue

Last Updated:

1. k0smo86

k0smo86 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm reading and researching everything I can to figure out how to properly backup and install ROMs. Nothing that I have tried works. So far I am using ROM manager and basically can't get it to do anything. I want to simply backup my current state, and flash cyanogen mod. When I reboot using Home + power I don't see any options to backup, just the standard options to wipe, factory reset etc...Can anyone lend a helping hand, or point me in the right direction.

Advertisement
  2. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Are you sure you're in the right section? There is no cyanogen mod for the X.

3. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

home + pwr only takes you into moto recovery. To get the custom recovery you need Droid X bootstrap from the market. Hit the top button in this app. get popup that says "success!" then hit reboot recovery to boot into custom recovery and make a backup. Or once you hit the top button go into ROM manager and click flash Clockwork Mod at the very top. Select Droid X. Then scroll down to backup current ROM, click it. give it a name. and the phone will auto reboot and make your backup.
    But as Airmaxx stated there is no cyanogen mod for the X.