• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help backup options (non-rooted)

krokus

Oct 14, 2013
Southeast Michigan
While I am computer savvy, and can hold my own on *nix boxen, I have not had the time to hack around on Android stuff much. The forums here have been useful, but have managed to get into a spot that I could use some pointers.

My phone upgraded to ZVE awhile back, but there appears to be some other type of update it needs, to restore my service. (So says the company store person.) I am unwilling to let them just go wipe out my data, so I am looking for other options.

I have not been able to get Titanium or Helium/Carbon to work.

As a part checking out options, I loaded the drivers and the mobile support tool. Now I do not get the option to connect to the phone as a mass storage device, which I was going to use to at least pull as many files over as I could find.

I have tried saving as much data as possible on the SD card, but many things are already stored in the internal storage. (With the goal being to not have the SD card in the phone during the upgrade.)

Sorry for rambling, I am just trying to get this out, so I can get my phone back. It is holding up other efforts in life. :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones