Backup phone for exact copySupport

Last Updated:

1. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It looks like I may have to replace my incredible due to some hardware issues. Is there a way to do a basic exact backup of my current incredible so I don't have to set up the new one. Like keep my custom scenes, apps, settings, etc... so I don't have a lot of set up time on the replacement?

Advertisement
  2. jedwards16

jedwards16 Active Member

I dont know about settings and scenes but appbrain.com might be good for apps. Create an account there and then download the appbrain app from the market and sync your accounts. Appbrain will remember all of your installed apps and then when you get a new phone, re-sync the accounts again and it should just bring up all of the apps for you.

3. jlb0305

it just sux cause it took me 2 days to set it up and just recently did i get everything the way i liked it.

looks like HTC sync can do some of it... (application wise)... but it doesn't mention my custom scenes.

At least my contacts are all in gmail... so thats one less thing to do.

4. TheLurg1687

TheLurg1687 Well-Known Member

I used myBackUp Pro..ya I had to pay but I got EVERYTHING back! Pics, texts, MMS, etc..

5. jlb0305

I'm assuming since "Scenes" is HTC specific mybackup pro won't back these up though.

Pix I can move to my SD, music is on my SD, contacts in gmail... texts i don't particularly care too much about... emails are still on the servers.

Does anyone know if HTC Sync does scenes & settings?

If not hopefully I can keep this phone until I get the other setup... still waiting to hear back from CS on that though...

6. TheLurg1687

TheLurg1687 Well-Known Member

Scenes are backed up too! BUT, the actual widgets don't. You have to replace the "error" with the ones u had.

7. jlb0305

my backup has a free 30 day full function trial... i could try that just until I get the new one set up. see if i like it then possibly buy it.

8. jlb0305

The Demo of mybackupPro won't let you backup and recover to a different phone. Astro lets you back up your programs to your memory card and the lookout utility lets you backup contacts & pictures. Only problem with recovering programs from a backup is that if you got them from the market it doesn't recognize them for updates so I had to go and download them all again anyway.

9. terryzx

terryzx Well-Known Member

When we get a OS update will that erase all the apps we downloaded and if so, do we have to get them all again or is there an automatic way to do that and maybe save the settings?