backup problems with UD and CM6

Last Updated:

1. welbinator

welbinator Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so there I am, running the Ultimate Droid ROM, when I read about some King kernel that is supposed to be really good. I know it was meant for CM6 but I saw that someone else had used the kernel with a non CM6 ROM and they liked it so I figured, I'll give it a try.

So I backup my UD ROM, and then I flash the kernel. well, my phone boots up, then it reboots, then it reboots again so I pull the battery, put it back in, boot up into recovery, nandroid, restore, ultimatedroid and it won't get past the HTC Incredible screen. so I restore my CM6 ROM that I was using before UD and it works fine.

So then today I backup my CM6 rom because I'm going to try the Ultimate Droid again. I install the UD, it works fine, I back it up and try to go back to my CM6 because I just don't feel like setting up my UD the way I like it right now, and it won't get past the HTC Incredible screen. I restore first CM6 that I had restored earlier in this story and it worked fine.

So, somehow, my UD restore got corrupt, and then the CM6 restore I made today got corrupt. So then I start wondering if there is a problem with my backups. so I backup my CM6 and call it "test". I go to restore my "test" and it powers down, powers up, goes to the HTC Incredible screen for a few seconds, goes black for a second, comes back to the HTC Incredible screen, and then boots into recovery. i tried this twice with the same results. what the heck? It's supposed to restore the backup and reboot to the OS!

Any idea what's going on? I just restored my previous CM6 that was working earlier and it worked. What could have caused my UD backup and one of my CM6 backups to suddenly become corrupt?? and my test backup??

Advertisement
  2. welbinator

now I'm getting boot loops no matter what restore I try to use.

3. welbinator

ok so I decided I would try and install a fresh rom. so I found my jager rom download and put it on my sdcard and wiped all my data and chose the jager rom and hit install. this is what i get.

-- Installing: SDCARD:clockworkmod/download/www.igotjaked.com/JagerRomRinal.zip
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Installing update...
    Formatting SYSTEM:...
    Deleting files...
    Deleting files...
    Deleting files...
    Copying files...
    Copying files...
    Copying files...
    E:Can't chown/mod /data/local
    (Operation not permitted)
    E:Failure at line 62:
    set_perm 2000 2000 0771 DATA:local
    Installation aborted.

4. welbinator

ok...so I found a Cyanogenmod fresh rom, installed it and phone booted up ok. so now I'm looking at a fresh CyanogenMod-6.0.0-Inc-test8. I even have the old school ninja icon for my Super User. I guess it's better than nothing. what the hell is happening to all my backups??

i'm flashing Google Apps (froyo) hopefully this goes well. I just noticed, this was a fresh install but it didn't have me sign in to google.

I am seriously, seriously confused. I've flashed every rom in Rom Manager, and some that aren't in Rom Manager I can do this with my eyes closed, I don't understand what's happening.

haha..so I flashed google apps (Froyo) and when it boots up, it takes me to the last step of the set up, where it asks if I want to backup with my google account, and then wants me to hit the "finish setup" button, but I never even started it! AAAAAH! and THEN, when I click finish setup, it takes me to the beginning! welcom to incredible, touch the android to begin. wow.

I don't even expect any answers really, I'm just venting because it has been a very frustrating couple of hours.

so after I get the CyanogenMod test 8 going, and get signed into google, I decide I better get started redoing everything, so I backup my ROM, then I download cyanogenmod 6.0.2, click install, select google apps addon, select wipe data and cache, and now I'm back to boot looping...just keeps doing the cyanogen mod boot animation over and over and over...I'm going to try to restore my test 8 now. I doubt It's going to work...

miraculously the restore worked...ugh. guess i'm stuck with test8.