Backup Question

Last Updated:

1. empyreandance

empyreandance Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone - I just had a quick question. I've been playing with a lot of ROMs lately and have noticed a few issues that I think a complete wipe would benefit, but I don't want to lose my text messages. I've used Titanium backup to do a full app backup, but I just wanted to check that the messages would fall under the umbrella of the Message app data? Can anyone tell me exactly what would happen if I did the wipe? Thanks everyone!

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

If Titanium does a backup of the data partition then your text messages should be saved there. Otherwise you can do a nandroid backup of your data partition and restore that later if necessary. I know that definitely holds my messages.

3. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

Better question for a more specific backup and restore..

What file inside /data/ contains the messages? Knowing this, you could wipe the phone of other data to start new, but restore your SMS/MMS messages.

4. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Not sure about that one. If one of the pros here doesn't know, some of the devs over at Alldroid can probably answer that.

5. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

i use titanium for app backups with app data but for android built stuff like stock stuff like contacts homescreen layout i use mybackup including sms messages with that

i had problems when i tried to restore android based stuff with titanium on a clean install

6. empyreandance

empyreandance Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

wow thank you very much - that did the trick - things are running so much better :) - thanks to all!

7. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

good to hear