• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Backup/restore question when flashing ROMs

Roymus

Jul 18, 2010
Now that I'm fully rooted I'd like to experiment with a few different ROMs. My issue is: I'm a heavy user of Folder Organizer (great product). After I rooted initially, I flashed the Fresh 3.3 ROM after backing up using Titanium, Astro File Mgr, AND MyBackup Pro (I don't mess around). After I was done with the flash, I went to restore with Titanium. It didn't restore all of my apps, and actually not much of my data (for example, it didn't restore SMS for some reason). No worries: I went to my Astro backup...it got a few more of my apps, no data. Finally, I turned to MyBackup Pro...fortunately it restored my SMS data. To wrap it up, I wound up having to restore a few apps from AppBrain, and I had to reset all the folders in Folder Organizer (a real pain).

Is there a can't miss backup/restore process when flashing ROMs with Folder Organizer? I don't mind having to restore a few missed apps, but it takes hours to get the folders back. I'm also paranoid about the missind SMS data, but I think I have that covered. Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones