Backup/restore with estrongs file explorer

Last Updated:

1. d.chatten

d.chatten Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there someone that could answer a few question about estrongs file explorer.

1) When an app is restored/backed up using estrongs does it also restore/backup all of the user settings for the said app?
    2) After a factory reset or firmware update can you restore all apps and settings that have been backed up?
    3) Can you select more than one app at a time to backup/restore.
    4) Do the backed up apps that where originaly installed from the market still show up in the market as installed after a restore?
    5) Can estrongs backup/restore app and phone settings such as gmail & email accounts, cantacts, calendars, phone settings, etc?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. homerpez

homerpez Well-Known Member

I'd like the answer to your questions 1 and 2 myself, since i'm possibly about to root my Eris and lose everything... My k-9 mail in particular will be a tremendous pain to reconfigure, since I don't even remember the proper settings I used...

In a couple tests, i'm finding that only the app itself is backed up, but I could be wrong (and hope I am)... To me, backup means "use again like nothing ever changed", but that's just me.

I know for question 3, long press the app list and you should have a choice to "select all", then hit "menu"and "backup". It should copy them all...just not sure sure if it's the apps alone, or the settings too...