Backup Solution - What's your's ?

Last Updated:

1. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since getting my phone about a month ago I must have reset it about 10 times or more trying to correct various issues etc. Most recently It had lasted a good few weeks before the missing vibration returned and invoked me to reset.

I've tried the inbuilt system backup (that seemed to half work but still left a ton of setting up to do).

I then tried Sprite backup, that again did some of things it promised but not the real painful stuff like dictionary etc.

I've also tried MyBackup pro, firstly I did an apps and data restore, this created a continual loop of forced restarts advising a launcher app had failed. I then did just a dictionary and bookmarks restore, this failed to put the dictionary back.

So my question is really, what backup solution do you use ? and does it work, cos that's what I'd like, one that works and restores what it says it will.

Not really bothered about backing up my SDcard, just my system settings, apps, dictionary etc - you know the stuff that's a real pain to re-input - which seems to be a common occurance with this handset :)

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I just let the auto one do its job. Wavesecure backs up my SMS and call logs. Thats it really.

I'd like to use Nandroid and just backup the whole thing, but I can't be bothered to root.

3. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

I use mybackup pro to backup apps and all data remotely onto the server, incuding contacts sms playlists etc.

and astro to backup app onto the sd card, so i can then uninstall them and still have quick access to them without having to re-download them from the market.

oh, and i copy my whole sd card to my pc every so often.

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Oh yes and I do this.

I do this automatically when I plug my desire into my pc.

5. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

appbrain - can sync your apps

6. tef89

So has anyone found a solution that actually successfully backs up contacts (with pictures), Mail accounts & User Dictionary ?

MyBackup pro seems to handle the apps side fine (albeit without the settings) but I find the three above a real pain.

I think it's a real shame a solid one-stop backup solution hasn't been implemented on a platform like Android, either via the PC or indeed to the SDcard.

7. twisted_mind

twisted_mind Well-Known Member

If rooted, can't think beyond Titanium Backup !!

Seriously this one deserves the donation to the dev.

8. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

The desire comes with htc sync on the sd card, it syncs contacts with the pc, i've never used it, but it may help you?

just install it on your pc from the sd card.

tef89 likes this.
  9. tef89

Thanks I had forgotten about HTC sync tbh.

So I'll use MyBackup for Apps, HTC Sync for Contacts, Built in backup for Bookmarks ... I'll need a backup solution to backup my backups at this rate :)

10. Android1

Android1 Well-Known Member

Re. SMS Backups - I use SMS Backup. Every time you send/receive an SMS it creates an email in your gmail account labelled SMS. That way all of your SMSs are backed up in real time. Works flawlessly.