backup the phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. mmosier

mmosier New Member This Topic's Starter

Hay all

I have my phone and all my apps perfect. I have notes and tasks, passwords, well a bunch of stuff that I have input and I would hate to loose everything if the phone crashes. I know that gmail is synced so calendar, email and contacts are good but what about all the info for the apps I loaded.

Mmosier :eek::D

Advertisement
  2. natv

natv Member

Same here, posting this to bump up the thread.

If no backup app or method currently exists this is badly needed.

3. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Check out the app PTextEdit it might just be the best app so far for this situation, since it writes your files to the SD Card in txt format. This way a crash won't hurt "as much", and if you remember to sync the card to a location on your PC once in a while you should be set.

I am going to try and sync my files to dropbox. I have no idea if you can do that, but then it would really back them up.

Anyway..hope that helps.

4. richy240

richy240 Well-Known Member

The only think I REALLY wanna backup are browser bookmarks. I don't even know how to manually back them up, though I haven't yet taken a good hard look at the file system either.

5. dkaufman1

I had a sidekick and I liked being able to organize my bookmarks. I did send myself all my notes via email and when in gmail the links are clickable of course.

So maybe tagging "notes" emails is the way to go. Probably not though since editing them is a pain, not just a quick edit.

6. bobreid

bobreid New Member

Holy CRAP am I bumping this thread. I've already lost everything once on my G1 trying to un-glitch the RC29 update, I exchanged my handset at retail to roll back to the launch build.

7. orcking

orcking Member

MyBackup will do bookmarks and more

8. dkaufman1

I haven't tried that app yet, but I did just use Astro (formerly Bender) and it backed up all my apps to the SDCARD! Very nice.