Backup to PC?

Last Updated:

1. AWilson

AWilson Member This Topic's Starter

Newbie here! Just got my Captivate today!

Guess I have to wait for 2.2 to be able to back it up to my PC? Looks like the Samsung Kies program isn't available for the US right now and I don't want to root it until after the update.

My PC doesn't even see it. I changed my USB settings in the phone to "ask on connection", chose "mass storage" and two new Removable Disks popped up (in My Computer) but both ask me to insert a disk in the drive.

Am I trying to treat this android like an iphone when I shouldn't be?

Thanks
    A link to another thread would be fine, I don't expect you all to answer the same questions over and over! :eek: Just feeleing like I'm missing something.

Advertisement
  2. sikpuppy8099

sikpuppy8099 Member

3. sparker366

sparker366 Well-Known Member

When those drives pop up in my computer to access them you need to go into the notifications area on the captivate and click on usb and then mount it. Then those drives will be accessable.

AWilson likes this.
  4. AWilson

AWilson Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the link and info. I didn't know about "mounting it" being on the pull-down menu, could they hide these things any better?

5. SkiboF16

SkiboF16 Member

I was able to download Kies off of the Samsung website AOK. Now, all I do is plug in my phone to my computer and Kies auto-starts and I'm good to go. I am, however, having issues with IMIAP email accounts with WiFi on, anyone else?