1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General backup to PC

1. Jskid

Jskid Member

How can a backup be made and stored off the phone? Is it enough to use Explorer to copy all the files?

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

What do you want to backup? If its contacts/sms/calendar then try using FJ Software Development on your PC. It's a great piece of software.

If you are talking about taking a complete backup of your phone then you are getting into the realms of rooting and using something like xrecovery but that is out of my depth I am afraid.
  3. Jskid

Jskid Member

Yes a complete recovery, encase I install a rogue app.
  4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

If you use My Phone Explorer and you install a bad app, but if you aren't planning on rooting your phone, then most things can be put right by running a software repair on your PC using either PC Companion Support tab or Sony Ericsson Update Service. I will leave it to others with a fuller knowledge of rooting to help you if that is the way you are looking to go.