Backups

Last Updated:

1. DGarmon

DGarmon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if the BH2 has the capability to use Apps like ROM Manager or Nandroid Backup. I know you have to have Root but didn't know if these apps work. I understand that you must install ClockworkMod Recovery with these apps, but wouldn't this override BH_Man Recovery? I'm currently on Warheads at the moment till Take 5 comes out. I just would like to know if we can successfully create Backup images of our phones (System, Recovery, Cache or Kernel). This would be a really nice feature. I currently use Titanium Backup donate, but it mainly works on apps and such and if I'm changing out between 1.6 no twix and 1.6 Galaxy, I always have some kind of issue with titanium not working right.

Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. aequitas3

aequitas3 Well-Known Member

3. DGarmon

Thanks for the response, that what I thought just wanted to make sure. Now does anyone know if this is possible I have created the backups using those steps, Sorry for the double post....

"I was wondering, If I use this method to create a backup of my phone (System, UserData and Kernel), is it possible to create an android AVD emulator and Odin the files into the emulator? I would like to do some testing, but for safety reasons...run in emulator mode...."

4. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

you would first have to make a yaffs image of the data / system / cache
    split the boot.img ( Kernel / Ramdisk ) but I'm not 100% sure it would work.

But yes, you can make a backup of the Phone using those Methods as well.

5. DGarmon

Cool thanks, I will post once I have little more time to work on it....:)