bad battery? down 12% in 15 minutes.Support

Last Updated:

1. androy

androy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just took my phone off the charger from a full charge. My battery is down 12% with 15 minutes of use. All I did was check emails and this forum. Do I have a bad battery or am I over reacting? I dont want to exchange my phone for another incredible but if I have to I will. what u guys think?

Maybe Verizon can swap batteries?

Advertisement
  2. hlooney

hlooney New Member

Mine is doing this as well.

3. androy

Ok. Now its down 25% with 39 mins uptime.

Here are my stats:
    System 63%
    Display 16%
    Cell Standby 13%
    Internet 8%

Should it be this way?

4. shovelups

shovelups Member

Everybody is having this problem!!! it sucks. There are treads everywhere about this problem, and some solutions to help. I read somewhere that there is going to be a software update, soon. Maybe it will help

5. Mjcanton

Mjcanton Well-Known Member

mine lasts much much longer than that, although the 1st day was pretty poor. Give the phone a week to calibrate to your battery and if your phone still doesn't last get a new battery. 3g is a battery killer though

6. gtunar

gtunar New Member

i have been charging mine at least 3-4 times a day!! this is so not acceptable. no matter 3G or 33G.. the iphone used to last 2 or more days.

7. kickniteasy

kickniteasy New Member

definitely comething wrong with your battery then.....Mine's been on for 25 hours with med-heavy use (my first internet enabled phone so I've been doing stuff just because I can) and I just entered into yellow...about 1/3 battery left.

8. viperboy

viperboy Well-Known Member

Turn this off in the settings... Menu > Settings > Wireless and networks > Mobile Networks > uncheck always-on mobile data.

Also, type this into the dialer... *#*#4636#*#* > Phone Information > Scroll to Set preferred network type > Change to CDMA auto (PRL) and than back out to the dialer again.

What other apps do you have on? Do you have GPS turned on all the time? I would recommend turning it off an adding a widget to the home screen to turn it on when you need it.

androy likes this.
  9. androy

I can't uncheck always-on mobile data.. I use google talk and it logs me off if I do that.

My phone is already CDMA auto (PRL)

No others apps are installed.. I did a hard reset and haven't installed anything to see if that would help, it doesn't.

I wonder if a lot of us just have a bad battery. I left mine on the charger for the night, unplugged it and it dropped to 90% in like 10 minutes. I put it back on the charger and let it charge to 100% and took it off as soon as it was done. Now the battery holds and its on 97% after about in hour. I dont get it. Is that a symptom of a bad battery?

10. badbeat

badbeat Member

Sadly I'm with you on this. I tried another solution someone else posted in Troubleshooting about turning off auto-sync of Google contacts, but mine wasn't having an issue. Going to VZ store at lunch to have this checked out.

11. androy

Please report back , I'm curious as to what they have to say.

I just tried disabling contacts sync too, dont know if that will do anything though. I dont think mine was syncing all the time, you never know though. *fingers crossed*

12. dixonba

dixonba Well-Known Member

I'm consistently only getting 3.5 hours of awake time. This is full charge...battery pull...run it down til it shuts down. I've gone through three cycles like this. I've done everything:

-airplane trick
    -shut things down that might eat battery (progs, gps, bluet, wifi)
    -crank brighness down
    -turned always on network off
    -even did a cycle with no phone calls
    -Signal isn't great but sitting at -83...

Did notice that during the last 7% of a charge, the charger will make a high pitch sound until the battery stops charging. It's because of this, verizon is swapping my phone out.

13. Luvthedrew

Luvthedrew Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm doing a full charge and only get roughly 5 hours with minimal use. I've tried tricks but to no evail. I've never had to buy a second battery before but it seems I may have to. Anyone had any luck with Verizon helping out on this issue?

14. roninld

roninld Well-Known Member

15. dixonba

dixonba Well-Known Member

i had 6.5 hours uptime...3.5 hours awake time

let it run from a full charge to shutdown...gotta be bad hardware...we shall see when i finally get a replacement from verizon. I'll try to post back.

16. VGPOP

VGPOP Well-Known Member

Mine is even worse.

I constantly have my G1 charged at work or home. When I take it off, at 100% I start surfing internet, and after 5 minutes phone shuts off by itself, I turn it on, and it says I have less than 10% and to connect charger.

I connect charger, turn on phone, and then it says I have 85% battery!

What the heck is going on?

It's been doing that for about a month now. Since I am buying EVO on June 4th, I have decided not to do anything, but in the meantime, I need a working phone.