bad battery life ?Support

Last Updated:

1. subclavian

subclavian New Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Bigprimo

Bigprimo Well-Known Member

all smartphones have bad battery life to what WE ACTUALLY WANT vs what should be expected in reality!

3. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

I don't get it... I didn't see much of a drop.

4. Smg

Smg Well-Known Member

subclavian

Have you used a Android Phone before? because the battery indicator at the top of the screen is not a brilliant indication of battery.

Maybe if we saw the percentage used but we can't.

Galaxy S is meant to have one of the better battery lifes of all android phones have a look at these:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. EarlZ

EarlZ Well-Known Member

Battery technology really needs to catch up, i was hoping for this day and age that we can get a 2,500mAh battery for the same size/weight as the 1500mAh battery on the i9000

6. Sneaker

Sneaker Member

Can anybody tell me why there is a diff. between what Samsung Singapore and Samsung Internationally says about the batt. standby time?
    Samsung Singapore = Standby time up to 250 Hrs Galaxy S - Specification - Samsung Mobile Singapore
    Samsung International = Standby time up to 750 Hrs
    SAMSUNG mobile - GALAXY S
    - Pretty big difference dont you think? could this be because they stopped delivering the G9 battery and instead went for the G7? this is of cause only speculations, cant say that there are any truth about this.

7. EarlZ

EarlZ Well-Known Member

Why would a G7 or G9 battery matter I mean its both 1500mAH right?

8. Wooby

Wooby Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the guy didn't make the video in one take and filmed different segments and pieced them together. That is probably why you see the battery drop.

9. Sneaker

Sneaker Member

It shouldn't but why is there a difference between the two sites. This is simply not good enough. It is not like the galaxy s in other parts of the world last longer than it does in Singapore.
    I would like to hear what is the correct one, that is it.

10. EarlZ

EarlZ Well-Known Member

I would say the 250Hrs is closer to realistic but I doubt the device can reach even close to 120hrs of standby.

11. Evil Peter

Evil Peter Well-Known Member

That of course depends on what you have active. A poster on an Asian board had charged his SGS on a Wednesday and four days he was on 40%. He had only used 2G though, but he had made some calls and fiddled around with settings so it wasn't just standby.

But as usual it's not a good idea to buy a smart phone with high hopes of battery life.

12. EarlZ

EarlZ Well-Known Member

Im already used to that with my 5800 w/c has 2-4 days of battery life depending on use.

13. KMA

KMA Well-Known Member

Why can't the differences in battery life be due to signal strength? Maybe some places have a weaker signal so the phone needs to increase power to maintain it. All the phones I've owned in the past sucked the battery down when somewhere with little reception. My Blackberry could go days on standby, but if the signal was poor in a hotel I was staying at, the phone would be dead by morning.

14. phemark

phemark Member

I got ~5h after my first charge heavy using wifi, bluetooth, apps, games etc....

expected a little bit more...

maybe it will increase with more charges, but so far ive charged it 3 times in 3 days...

15. hawrai

hawrai Member

To be honest, for me it has the best battery out of any other Android phones I owned. Coming up to 1.5 days moderate use..still going.

16. phemark

phemark Member

How do you describe your moderate usage (so i could compare my)?

17. hawrai

hawrai Member

Not really timed it but, watched few podcasts, recorded 3 videos, browsed web for an hour, 1 hour vouce calls total and spending quite a while with installing apps and getting used to the phone. 3G on and email sync on. For me battery is good.